The Best of Buenos Aires: Sugar & Spice Cookies, Teas and more…
Sugar & Spice has been a well known institution in Buenos Aires for several years now. Legend has it that when Frank Almeida, Sugar & Spice SRL partner and founder, could not find the cookies he loved from Chicago he enlisted the help of his wife, Fabiana, and Sugar & Spice was born out of that dream back in 2002. Their initial challenge was to create the very best homemade cookies, such as chocolate chip, using only the highest quality ingredients. When they perfected their cookies, they quickly went on to add delicious and moist pound cakes, Italian style biscotti, savory cookies and amazing panettone (full of almonds, hazelnuts and walnuts – simply delicious!). Later in 2006 they moved their pilot plant to a new new factory location and opened their first store.
Their delicious food offerings include: biscotti, cantucci, cookies, brownies, copetines (savory cookies), pound cake, stollen and panettone. Everything they offer is incredible but our personal favorites include their delicious brownies and copetines. These savory cookies are incredible; you simply cannot stop eating them until they are all gone. (The Copetin Parmesan with Walnuts is our personal favorite!)
With the recent opening of their second location at DOT Baires Shopping (the biggest and most modern shopping facility in Buenos Aires: with 189,000 m2 of indoor floor space) they have expanded into the world of tea! Their wonderful teas include 7 blends and 2 rooibos blends:
- Ceylon: a classic black tea blend.
- Chai: a classic black tea from India with ginger, cinnamon, cardamom and cloves.
- Dulce de Leche: an amazing tea blend with little cubes of dulce de leche.
- Earl Grey: another classic black tea blend.
- Festivo: a green and black tea that also includes flower petals.
- Imperial Berry (Pu-Erh): a postfemented tea from China that is also known as red tea.
- Very Berry: a black tea blend that incorporates Patagonia berries and blueberries.
- Lemon Flower: their most popular rooibos blend.
- Madagascar: an amazing fooibos blend that mixes coconut, cocoa and vanilla.
If you plan on visiting them, be sure to write to give them a heads up at firstname.lastname@example.org, you will be glad you did!
Also, don’t forget to look for Sugar & Spice products at your favorite specialty stores, groceries and kioskos!
2nd Location (NEW):
Located in DOT Baires Shopping at the intersection of General Paz and Panamericana
Daily from 10am to 10pm
Short URL: http://goodmorningba.com/?p=1648