Celebrating the Chinese New Year in Buenos Aires along with a Schedule of Activities
For those of you interested in attending, Barrio Chino is located in Belgrano on Arribenos, roughly between Juramento and Av. Monroe. To get there you can take the train (Linea Mitre) to the “Belgrano C” station which puts you right at the entrance; you can take the subway (Linea D) to the Juramento Station and walk about 7 blocks down Juramento (going towards the river) to that same entrance; or a variety of buses run down Av. Cabildo as well as Virrey Vertiz.
The celebration begins at noon and includes the yearly dragon dance through the streets, live music, tango demonstrations, advanced martial arts performances and much more. The streets themselves will be lined with a variety of stands to include ones with calligraphy and origami demonstrations, info on Chinese Astrology, Buddhist information, Feng Shui, and best of all there will be a variety of wonderful Chinese street food available.
Expect to see huge crowds this year as last year had a record turnout of 50,000 people in attendance. Due to that large turnout, there will be two stages set up this year:
- Main Stage: Olazabal y Arribenos
- Secondary Stage: Montaneses and Mendoza
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS:
- 10:00 am: Start of the Gastronomic and Cultural Fair.
- 12:00 pm: Official Inauguration and Dance of the Dragon.
- 2:00 pm: Beginning of the Cultural Shows
- 2:30 pm: Martial Arts Demonstration. (Teacher CHEN MIN of WuShu Argentine Club)
- 3:20 pm: Japanese Taiko Drums (Kiseiko Mineidanchi)
- 3:40 pm: Arrival of Dragon and Lions (Choy Lee Fut School)
- 3:50 pm: Chinese Martial Arts Demonstration (School of Master LIU MING. AAMCHI)
- 4:00 pm: Traditional Chinese Dance, Part 1 (Prof. ANA WU)
- 4:15 pm: Games with the public
- 4:25 pm: Traditional Chinese Dance, Part 2
- 4:35 pm: Taiko Japanese Drums at Arribeños and Mendoza.
- 4:40 pm: Martial Arts Demonstration (Teacher CHEN MIN of the WuShu Argentine Club)
- 5:00 pm: TANGO of Integration with Orchestra and couples and composed by Argentines and Asians
- 5:40 pm: Traditional Chinese Dance (Prof. ANA WU)
- 6:00 pm: Dance of the Lion (Choy Lee Fut School)
- 6:15 pm: Yoga Demonstration (Prof. Martín Trevisan)
- 6:30 pm: Taiko Japanese Drums.
- 6:40 pm: TANGO of Integration with Orchestra and couples and composed by Argentines and Asians
- 7:00 pm: Argentine Folklore Zambas and Chacareras
- 7:20 pm: Chinese Martial Arts Demonstration (School of Master LIU MING. AAMCHI)
- 7:40 pm: Shaolin Martial Arts (Temple Shaolin Argentina with Master Jorge Gabriel Buzzi)
- 8:00 pm: Yoga Demonstration (Prof. Martín Trevisan)
- 8:20 pm: Games with the public who will summon the Dragon for the closing of the Celebration
- 8:30 pm: Closing with the Dragon and the Lion on the stage (School of Choy Lee Fut Germán Bermúdez)
- 9:00 pm: The Festival is officially closed.
Photos graciously provided by Beatrice Murch of www.beatricemurchphotography.com . To see more photos from last year please go to: http://www.argentinaindependent.com/culture/thecity/the-indy-eye-chinese-new-year-/
Short URL: http://goodmorningba.com/?p=1521