Chili Colorado Sauce Recipe: Traditional Cuisine and/or Raw Vegan
Chili Colorado Sauce
- 4 dried chilies, stemmed and seeded
- ¼ cup water
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon honey or sugar
- 2 teaspoons onion powder (or 2 tablespoons fresh onion)
- 1 clove garlic (a section, not the entire thing, LOL)
- ¼ teaspoon cumino
- ¼ teaspoon ground oregano
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt (1 ½ of regular salt)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (or any other oil, if you prefer)
- Break the dried chilies into pieces, remove the seeds and pour water over them. Set aside for 30 minutes while soaking.
- Place the chilies in a blender along with the other ingredients, except the oil, and blend until completely smooth.
- Add the oil and continue blending until emulsified.
Notes: I like to take a couple of dates and I remove the seeds and soak them along with the chiles. AND I also like to use 2 or three sundried tomatoes as well. These add both a depth of flavor and a bit of sweetness to offset the heat from the chilis.
I have chilies and can buy them anytime I want if you are unable to get them.
Short URL: http://goodmorningba.com/?p=2674